- Held on a Tuesday evening every second month at the Active Birth Centre (find us)
- Next Class: See the list below or Check our calendar
- £35 per person/£70 per couple
(Nov 2016 £30 per person /60 per couple)
Taught by Janet Balaskas
This is a mini ‘Active Birth Workshop’ where you can work together as a couple, or if you come on your own you can work with Janet or another person in the class – or bring a friend! Learn relaxation and the Active Birth essentials for labour and birth.
Tuesday 31st January 2017 7.00 – 9.30pm Book Online
Tuesday 28th March 2017 7.00 – 9.30pm Book Online
Tuesday 30th May 2017 7.00 – 9.30pm Book Online
Tuesday 25th July 2017 7.00 – 9.30pm Book Online
Tuesday 26th September 2017 7.00 – 9.30pm Book Online
Tuesday 28th November 2017 7.00 – 9.30pm Book Online
Book by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book by Phone, Call: 0208 3610124
Active Birth Pregnancy Yoga, with Your Partner
Combining essential Pregnancy Yoga practice with Active Birth preparation:
- A chance for you and your partner to work together as you might in labour.
- Be guided in the gentle practice of yoga postures that are most beneficial during pregnancy, with an emphasis on working in pairs
- Learn relaxation, breathing and massage for pregnancy, and for use in labour
- Learn movements and positions for labour and birth
- Enjoy a bonding meditation with your baby
Working together helps to deepen the bond and understanding between you and your partner
- You will find that your partner’s touch naturally deepens your breathing, helps you to release tension, and let go
- In the class, and practicing at home, you will be amazed at how the language of touch develops between you
There is no need for partners to have had previous experience of yoga, so long as you are comfortable sitting or kneeling on the floor.
Thank you for a great session. It is such a great way of introducing partners to yoga during pregnancy and birth. I have even been receiving spontaneous massages this weekend that I can only thank you for! it has helped my partner to start thinking about the actual birth and that he has a major role to play in it.
Your yoga for partners was really bonding for us. It literally brought us ‘in touch’ and made us more loving partners and more relaxed parents.
Having seen my partner come home each week so relaxed after yoga it was great to be included. Your classes were an inseparable part of our life changing experience – a big thank you for all that you are!
Your partner yoga sessions were invaluable in helping us to know what to expect and bringing the three of us closer together. Both my partner and I were able to stay calm … the moment we saw our baby’s face swimming up from beneath the water was probably the highest point of our lives so far and one that I will never forget!
More brilliant courses for couples:
The Complete Active Birth Weekend Course with Janet Balaskas and Jill Miller
HypnoBirthing With Janet Balaskas